Monday 28 February 2011

He that eats till he is sick must fast till he is well - English Proverb

in just under 7 weeks, i'll have finished lower sixth. don't get me wrong i have to come in to do my exams in june and my french oral in may.. but nonetheless, i'll have no classes after easter (unless you count stupid revision classes that i'll not even go to).

this made me realise. how scary it is that life is passing me by. i'm meant to embrace this and cherish every moment but how can i do that if the momeny passes before it even happens?

ughh. i guess i'm just scared of growing up.

one of my best friends is getting chucked out of tech (college) for not doing her coursework. she should be doing it but instead she gets drunk all the time, meets a whole pile of different guys and plays them off each other. her dad lost his job and she still expects her mum to pay her phone bills that cost £150 and fund her drinking and smoking. sure i understand the 'here for a good time, not a long time' thing. but i think you can share your time. like i work my arse off monday - friday and on a sunday. but i get up at 6 every morning to do an hour on my exercise bike. then i do another hour before bed. and in return, i do fun things on fridays or saturdays like clubbin and shit. the way i see it, ten years from now: do i want to be working in tescos or sit with a decent job that'll let me enjoy myself as well then? urghh. i dont know.

what i do know is. one day i'll have my perfect life. i'll be perfect. i'll have a perfect job.

No comments:

Post a Comment