Wednesday 2 February 2011

day 3 - your parents.

Dear mum
i actually love you a lot. i know we're not exactly a family that tells each other how much we appreciate each other. but i want to. because i'm scared i'll wake up one day and you'll be gone. you've been such an inspiration to me. like seriously, how many people go to work everyday and raise two really well single handedly, all while being blind. not many. for the past ten years, it's been you, me and h. we've had our ups and downs but we always  come out stronger. i don't know how you do it. it must be heart breaking to know that you'll never see me on my wedding day or you'll never get to see your first grandchild. but your my mummy and i'd do what ever it took to help you get your sight back. i know it's physically impossible. but i can always dream, right?
Dear dad.
i hate you. you're for nothing. who seriously walks out on someone one month after they found out their eyesight was deteriorating really rapidly claiming they 'couldn't cope'? who leaves their family four days before christmas? who walks out on their six year old daughter and 7 month old son without turning back to say goodbye? is it bad that my earliest memory is of you telling me that you weren't my real dad? i was only seven and you told me my mum was a slut. that wasn't true and i hadn't a clue what that word meant. but it turns out. you were bullshitin. fuck you. you claim that you want me and h in your life. i don't need you. we've done amazing without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment